I am so close to finishing my Challenge to finish 52 quilted projects in 2017 and 12 more in 2018. I am going to get these post written and shared as quickly as possible so that I can close this exciting adventure and move on to something even more challenging!!!!
Today I am sharing a finished quilt that I started more than 10 years ago!
This is a Celtic Knot. It was part of a class that we offered at Needleworks in the early 2000's. I didn't teach the class and I can't find any documentation for it any more. I do know that at the time we offered the class, the original designer of the quilt pattern had recently died and her family were not able to produce or sell any more patterns.
This poor quilt lingered in my "to be done eventually" pile and I can now report IT IS COMPLETE!!!! All I need to do now is to find a place to display it so that the interlocking knot can be seen clearly.
The morning I loaded this quilt on the frame, I had spent a little while watching a Jamie Wallen Video. I liked the design and incorporated it into the background of this quilt. As I get bored pretty quickly, I added some pebbles for interest.
I used a ruler and stitched in the ditch on both sides of the dark blue batik and stitched ribbon candy in the medium blue areas.
I have a nasty habit of stitching merrily away and not paying attention to what I've stitched at the top of the quilt. I left this quilt over Christmas with the bottom section un-quilted and missed my fancy feather at the bottom corners. I didn't realize that I had done something different in the top corners until I was un-pinning the quilt from the frame. Out came the seam ripper and I was able to quickly unpick and re-quilt the bottom 2 corner sections correctly!
I am into faced bindings right now and as I no longer have any of the fabrics used in this quilt, the facing is the perfect finish.
Woot, Woot. This is quilt #60. Only 4 more to go!