COLOUR AND VALUE GRADATION
Have you ever wanted to dye a whole rainbow of colour in different values from dark to very light? Here’s your chance! We’ll pick 2 dye colours and create a 5 step gradation from Colour #1 to Colour #2. Then we’ll make 6 values of each of the colours from dark to very light. Students will mix their own dye stocks and have fun creating a beautiful rainbow of colour. Imagine, these 30 FQ becoming the basis for a beautiful quilt!
Students will be dyeing 30 Fat Quarters (9meters) of fabric. All fabrics, dyes and chemicals included. Some experience dyeing fabric is a must for this class.
• Students will learn how to mix dye solutions safely
• Students will learn how to mix chemical water safely
• Students will explore different methods of creating texture using a single dye colour.
• Students will explore different methods of combining 2 or more colours for some interesting colour play.
Students will be required to bring the following items to class. These are not supplied in the cost of the class.
• “messy clothes” including shoes that you won’t mind getting covered with dye drips
• Apron – optional but recommended
• Dust Mask
Gloves. Kitchen rubber gloves work well.
• 4 liter ice cream pail or bowl of similar size for dyeing fabrics
• Medium Zip Lock bags or plastic or glass sealable containers (to hold about 2 cups) - 40
• Large tub or bucket that don’t leak to carry dyed fabric home.
To Register: firstname.lastname@example.org